-->

Thursday, June 26, 2008

HAIR

No, not the American Tribal Love-Rock Musical from the 1960s (which my mom danced in when it was off-Broadway in NYC). My own hair.

Ever since I moved to London the hard water and lack of water pressure has reeked havoc on my hair. When my mom came to visit a month ago she actually told me that my hair had changed color, becoming darker and less shiny. Great. I've also started a new trend of getting mad split ends, not just on the tips, but actually one inch up from the ends. Strange or what. Sadly, I haven't discovered any solutions yet, different shampoos, new and expensive hairbrushes, nothing.

So in the meantime I give myself trims to keep the damage at bay and fantasize about what I will do with my hair once I move to nyc. There are three top choices right now.

1) Keep my hair the way it is and just nurse it back to health with good water, get a water softener if need be, and get monthly trims.

2) Keep my length and dye it a strawberry blonde or just my own hair color plus a bit of red. See below for inspiration.

or 3) Chop my hair off and start from scratch, going for a style circa Audrey Hepburn 1950s/1960s when she had her prixie-ish do. I don't want Natalie Portman's Vendetta cut, but something a bit longer, again see below.

I have some time to think about it, but by the time comes along I know I will have to do something for my poor damaged hair!










No comments:

Total Pageviews