-->

Thursday, July 31, 2008

tuesday inspiration (belated): maggie gyllenhaal

I know it's technically Thursday, not Tuesday at all, but I was too caught up in my Lakes posts to put up my Tuesday inspiration.  Lucky, because last night SJ and I went to see The Dark Knight, which rekindled my fondness for Maggie Gyllenhaal.

Sidenote:  The film was really really good.  It probably helped that I watched Batman Begins on iTunes 2 days before, so I had the backstory, but the special effects, cinematography, and overall writing and acting were amazing.  Heath Ledger was especially powerful and believable as the Joker (you can definitely see the results of living alone in a hotel room for a month to form the character's psychology, posture and voice), and Christian Bale was great again as Batman (you'd never realise he was actually Welsh).

But back to Maggie.  I don't know if it's her round face, plump cheeks, pretty eyes or nice smile, but she just seems like someone who would be very fun to be around, and who doesn't take herself too seriously.


The Joker and Rachel Dawes (Maggie).

Heath Ledger as the Joker.

Christian Bale and Batman.

No comments:

Total Pageviews