-->

Thursday, August 28, 2008

teak furniture

This must be another continuation of things my parents love that have been passed to me.  I found these pieces while searching for Dansk teak silverware (which I did find some sets of, we'll just have to see how the auctions fare price-wise, I'll let you know ;) ).

These pieces of teak furniture are so beautiful.  I really love teak wood, it's warm coloured and smells lovely.  These 50s and 60s shapes, with extra touches, like shelves and secret cabinets just make me fall in love with these.

This is a piano-shaped desk by Lovig (a Danish furniture workshop), dated 1964.  It has a bookcase and a lockable cupboard at the back, and three drawers in the front.  The top drawer has a sliding pen tray and is also lockable.


The back of the desk with the bookcase and lockable cupboard.


Drawers with tray


Teak framed coffee table with glass shelf.

These teak furniture pieces reminded me of the teak turned wood door handles and knobs that we make for our business.  My favourite ones have knots in the wood and sporadic lines, though not all customers are as enthusiastic about natural 'flaws'.  

Turned Wood Turning Handles, £44 the pair

Various turned wood knobs, £8 each

No comments:

Total Pageviews