-->

Monday, September 8, 2008

weekend food wrap

I haven't done a food post in awhile, so here are some of the best dishes I have made in the past month or so.

This dish was really a haphazard splodge of stuff I thought would go well together.  The night before I had made a really nice curry, so I was still in the mood for curried warm flavours.  For this I sauted some onion with mushroom, while boiling red lentils with a bit of orzo pasta for texture in another pot.  I then added spices to the mushroom mix- cumin, tumeric, paprika, and some chilli peppers.  After both had cooked well I added them together and then finished them off with chopped coriander, cashews and raisins.  Perfection.


This was a seafood pasta with wine sauce- mussels, squid rings, prawns...

This was really delicious as well.  I first put some potatoes to boil for the mash and sauted some onions with balsamic for the topping.  I then seasoned some cod with salt and pepper, and finely chopped the remaining coriander which I coated on one side of the cod, pan frying it coriander side down for a few minutes.  Once it was browned I finished it off in the oven, finished the mash, and ate.



Oh, and here's a picture of the bike before the fiasco....

and after someone went to town on it...

notice anything missing? 

1 comment:

cj said...

The cod looks delicious!
Poor bike.

Total Pageviews