-->

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

craft time

being stuck in the usa it is easy to resort to reality TV to pass the time while waiting for paper to be pushed.  One of the more entertaining TV shows is Whose Wedding Is It Anyway?  Some of these brides/weddings are so out of control and stressful that they make me cringe in pain.

To balance out these programs someone should really create a TV show about doing weddings on a budget, on a more personal, sentimental level, because isn't that what weddings are really supposed to be about?

With that in mind I have making my own wedding invitations the past two days (did I mention I'm planning a wedding ;0) ).  Although it does take some time to make them (mainly because I am measuring everything by hand and using some scissors like a razor blade), I get great satisfaction out of knowing I have made them myself.  

ingredients:
sky blue card sheets (each sheet can make 6 cards), cream envelopes (which can be used to determine the size of the cards), glue stick, white card stock to print photo on, cream paper to print inside invitation, decorative flowers and flower punch to embellish the front, embossing powder to turn ink stamps into fancy embossed type

flowers from the scrapbooking section of the craft store

embossing effect

invitation inset

finished front

assembly line


all I can say is that if you try this you should be imaginative and never think that your idea is too complicated.  We ended up going to two craft stores (AC Moore and Joanne Fabrics) and to Staples.  I had a general idea in mind before I went (blue background, photo on front, embellishes), but I didn't think about the possibility of ink stamps, and especially not embossing.  

It is your wedding day after all, make it special..... :)



No comments:

Total Pageviews