-->

Monday, March 2, 2009

got milk?

very recently I watched Milk.  I had heard a few good things about it, but not too much to know what to expect.  I have to say that I was blown away.  Sean Penn as Harvey Milk was an insert-award-here winning performance.  In fact, all of the actors were amazing, they seemed to get the life and times of the real people without being over-dramatic and not veering too much into documentary.  

Above all, Milk shows that one person (with a band of loyal allies) can make a difference.  The next time I feel like my contribution doesn't matter I will remember this man and do my part in the world.  Sometimes all it takes is a little courage to stand up.

They just told his story how it happened, putting it out there for everyone to learn from, and for that I say 'Thank you.'


Sean Penn as Harvey Milk, James Franco as Scott Smith


The real Milk and Smith (left)

My name is Harvey Milk and I'm here to recruit you.




No comments:

Total Pageviews