-->

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

astrology

since I was young I always had a healthy dose of superstition from my Dad's side of the Jewish gene pool.  My grandmother was extremely superstitious, believing in vampires and werewolves (which required my Dad to wear garlic around his neck for awhile), spilling salt, breaking mirrors, and other such things.

My superstition is more of a mild dose, but I still religiously *knock on wood* in order to not jinx anything.  If, impossibly, there is no wood to be found, I rap on the nearest head I can find, why, I do not know.  

Another thing I believe (some of the time) are horoscopes/astrology.  I can remember around 12 years old looking up the astrological signs of different family members and friends and seeing how much they did match the descriptions.  And then when I got interested in boys, I would put our signs together and see if it was a fit or a disaster (not that I would actually follow the premonition, I was always a believer in the scientific method ;) ).

Anyway, when I saw these magazine scans, I thought, yes, astrology and fashion.  That's for me.




These four are the ones relating to me (on the cusp) and my best girl friends, but you can find the rest of the scans here.

No comments:

Total Pageviews