-->

Saturday, April 11, 2009

weekend home style: swedish living

This home feels very Swedish to me, that perfect blend of homeyness and simplicity.

The dark/light contrasting paint only works with that big window letting in all the light and the sloping ceiling, but I like it; that and the elevated bed.

That chair with the owl pillow always reminds me of swedish design, they're very comfy too.
I like the rustic table and burnt orange rug.

I always have thought that it would be nice (if you have room for a dining table) to have one with benches instead of individual chairs; it lets more people squish in and makes nice clean lines.
What room would be complete without a cat on a rug?

I like how the paint everywhere is a bit unfinished, but in a good way, not in a falling apart way.

Cool shower curtain.

You have the feeling overall that they found stuff on the street or in charity shops and just made it work, like this metal hoop shelving thingy.  I like it.  I also like how there are plants in almost every picture.  Plants/flowers lend life to any home.

All images from Design*Sponge again.

No comments:

Total Pageviews