-->

Saturday, May 30, 2009

weekend home style: crafty home

I saw this home on Design*Sponge this past week and I had to use all my willpower not to post it there and then. I'm constantly making funny little craft projects for every and any occasion, so I felt right at home looking at this woman's crafty, homey, slightly disheveled home style sense.

This intricate drape is actually an accidental beauty.  She began by pinning lace and fabric scraps to the curtain so as not to lose them, and ended with a decaying work of art.

an old chest of drawers

paper snowflakes

inspiration boards and cardboard castles

an artful pile of old wedding dresses creating frothy waves for an invisible ship

I love the warm colors and random ships hanging about.
her pet project, to make a cardboard horse every day until she had 100

each one is numbered and name

she used 3 designs to make all of them and then customized them with paint and fabric.

They remind me of the movie The Science of Sleep.

Reminder:  make enough paper horses to fill a wall...



1 comment:

cj said...

It is sooooo much easier to do this with an older house- it imparts so much intrinsic character and I never realized how important that was until I moved into a brand new house that we had built. Finding/creating the house's character is much more challenging in a new house. Don't want to do that again.

Total Pageviews