-->

Sunday, August 9, 2009

weekend home style: warm and cozy

when I saw this home on design*sponge I immediately fell for it.
it's the chicago home of photographer emily johnston anderson and it is the epitome of warm and cozy, with some great wooden accents.

I love that card catalogue in the corner, I don't know what it is about these cabinets that I like, maybe it's all the little drawers...

I saw one in Chiswick yesterday at The Old Cinema antiques store, but at around £600 (and with no space to put it!) it was a bit out of my league...

We saw this piece outside and it was very cool.

And I have a hankering to one day have something like this, but I think that is a direct correlation to all my years in art classes.

I love this dark taupe chair (you might remember I got one like it about 6 months ago in the states, though my cat seems to have gone to town shredding the sides :( ) and the cool tree truck side table.

yay! kitchenaid mixer!

big fan of having pots and pans where you can see them.

the typical english teapot

cool rattan headboard, and again, what a cool wooden, twisty bedside table

funky whale pillow

I like the eames era style tier tray for cookies and cakes. also, a great russel wright sugar/creamer combo (I may have just bought one cheaply off ebay in a great 'ripe apricot' color....)

you can just make out the great contrast-wood detailing on the sideboard in the background.

better shot of the funky dining table bench

We're hopefully off to a city farm today to see animals and greenery.
So more about that later :)

No comments:

Total Pageviews