-->

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Arts & Crafts

On Saturday when we went to Liberty I also stopped to take some photos of the annual Arts and Crafts (1850-1950) selling. This year they did not have it in the 4th floor rotunda, but in one of the side rooms, which I felt worked against the unique feeling of the sale.

But they did have a piece of original William Morris Strawberry Thief fabric (for a mere £2500). Mom- I think we did much better for you ;)

I like the different lines of Arts & Crafts furniture pieces. Much more interesting than a lot of furniture today.

As a fellow stained-glass person I found this very inspiring.

Talking about furniture with interest...

I really liked these inlaid wooden silhouette pieces.

very pretty.

And this year they had more of an emphasis on copper items. I do really like some of the hammered Arts & Crafts designs they use. There are some nickel plated Arts & Crafts finger plates in the shop and, sadly, no one has found them as inspiring yet.

Arts & Crafts meets chinoiserie?

And finally those typical Arts & Crafts themes.

This years show was a bit lacking for me. More of an emphasis on furniture instead of all the other nice details, and hardly any upholstered furniture, which are often the highlights for me. But I still enjoy going!

2 comments:

cj said...

Is the original strawberry thief fabric pattern larger than the drapery print or is this an illusion?

Ashley said...

I think it's an illusion, if I remember correctly it was exactly like yours!

Total Pageviews