-->

Saturday, October 2, 2010

newest acquisitions

A collage of my newest tile acquisitions. Wasn't so sure about the top left corner one until Ste pointed out it looks kind of Native American, so now I'm quite attached. I have finally added some German art nouveau tiles to my collection as well (middle in top row and middle in second row).


Many of the German tiles are extraordinary, very geometric and... German? Don't know how else to describe them. Hopefully I will be able to add to my knowledge of Belgian and German tiles soon :)

The one on the far left in the third row is very fun, if fit together in a whole set of the tiles, the shells interlock and repeat. The one right next to it (third row, middle) is a Voysey design, and Ste refers to the one in the bottom left hand corner as a "Transformer" tile (yes, like the movie).

Which is your favorite?

2 comments:

cj said...

Right now I am torn between the second row far left and the third row middle. If I look longer, I could change my mind:)

Anny55 said...

Top left! And the one below it.

I'll e-mail you back soon, I swear! :-)

Total Pageviews