-->

Monday, May 19, 2008

New plans, Old plans

So, I feel that the upcoming months or years in my life are going to be incredibly eventful and filled with surprises and challenges. If you think about it like Christmas or your birthday, some days will be incredible, like opening a box to find that perfect cuisinart pan so you can throw out that old one with the teflon worn off (I like cooking, sue me) or a complete set of Monty Python films, and other days will be opening up a box and finding a can of insect repellent. Or something like that.

I'm not going to give a bunch of background information on myself, I think the blog will fill in the blanks. But I will say that I am 23, living in London in a small flat with SJ, and have the best job with 3-5 co-workers, depending on their level of involvement, who are like family to me. I have had the privilege of working with them for more than a year and am ready to take the next step with them- bringing the business back over the Pond to the United States.

So on with the blogging.

My mother (CJ) has been visiting for the past week, which was greatly needed in some ways. I am a big family and friends person, and being away from those in the USA can get really hard for me sometimes. CJ and I roamed London, going to exhibits, eating out, shopping, the usual mother-daughter routine. She flew back to PA yesterday and it was sad to see her go, but I know it won't be for too long.

So for the next week it is back to the norm, working in the shop, brainstorming and daydreaming about business plans, attempting to get cracking again on the book that DW and I are writing, and preparing for ANOTHER group of visitors. This time my best friends, SKR, SFitz, and Parry, who are arriving beginning on this Saturday! When the four of us merge it is a force to be reckoned with, and as all girls do, we think we're a bit like the SATC gals (I'm Carrie ;) ). It's been too long since we've all been together, so it should be a blast. It should be even more fun trying to fit all of us plus SJ into my tiny flat.

No comments:

Total Pageviews