-->

Friday, May 23, 2008

"The space between spaces", or...


Going to see Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull with a whole lot of physicists...

The evening started out very entertaining, after we persuaded a few people to try Bubble Tea in Chinatown which resulted in a whole bunch of physicists dodging "the weird black balls" in their drinks for the rest of the night. I don't think they understood.

Afterwards we slowly made our way 100 ft to Leicester Square and promptly lost 14 of the 15 physicists with us when we went to collect our tickets. The show was sold out! With the 1 remaining physicist we stood in line for snacks for about 15 minutes, but managed to snag some Ben and Jerrys and joke about the "Warmed Popcorn" so it was all okay in the end.

I have to admit that I really enjoyed the film. I know that it spent some time explaining what Indy was doing between movie 3 and 4, but I liked that, it gave us time to imagine his adventures during the war.




I also liked that they did not try to make Indy do so many stunts and let his new-found son (the new 'Junior' haha) take some of the risks, but Indy can definitely still fight! Some people complained about hashing out (or reminding) the audience about events that happened in previous films, such as Indy's fear of snakes, the deaths of Marcus and his father, the Ark, but again, I liked it.

Cate Blanchett as the evil psychic Ukranian was also great. Is there nothing she cannot do?





Maybe I'm not too hard to please when it comes to movies about daredevil archeologists, or maybe I'm just a fan of a man with a large fedora and a whip. ;)

No comments:

Total Pageviews