-->

Monday, June 9, 2008

journeys, hellos, and goodbyes

Sorry it's been awhile, I really have to get in the mode of doing this regularly.

A lot has happened since my last entry, most notably the arrival and departure of all of my people (also known as all my closest friends from home).

It all started on May 24th with me waiting at Heathrow Terminal 2 for an Air France flight that inevitable arrived an hour late. I amused myself by reading Persuasion and before I knew it Steph and Kate had arrived!

The friends arrival didn't end there... Katie P. arrived on the following Monday with her sister Krissy. AND to put the icing on the cake Robert had a layover in London on Tuesday night. Phew.

We all did so much stuff (including drinks with my boss that turned into an impromptu life/politics/therapy discussion; heartfelt moments in bathrooms, private and public; sightseeing...) But the best part was just seeing everyone again and being reminded what it feels like to have them around. They really bring out the best in me and it was hard to see them go.


Immediately after they left I came down with a bad cold, or maybe the flu, I didn't have a thermometer so I could never tell. I'm finally almost over it and able to breathe and exist like a normal person again, just in time to enjoy the beautiful weather we're having!

We're also developing some new items for the store, so i will remember to do something on that later on when it's more definite and I have images to match.

No comments:

Total Pageviews