-->

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

if you love me...

So through some weird twist of fate I managed to snag two tickets for the free Coldplay concert here last night and it was amazing! I didn't get tickets for it the first time around, but then some more became available and I snatched two!

The best part was that it wasn't a huge venue (they had it at Carling Academy in Brixton), so not only was it free, but it was also much smaller than their usual shows, and it was my first time seeing them live. Full capacity is about 5,000 people, whereas the capacity at Wembley (where they will have their paying concert in the winter) is 90,000. Big difference. The sound was great, the audience was great, and their new songs were great too (regardless of what other reviewers have said). I took lots of pictures and video, but not so much that I missed what was going on. Chris Martin danced around the stage like a kid with OCD, the lighting was simple, and he talked to the audience a lot, mainly joking about no one asking for refunds and the high cost of the tickets.






Set List:
Life in Technicolour
Violet Hill
Clocks
In My Place
Viva La Vida
Chinese Sleep Chant
God Put A Smile Upon Your Face
42
Square One
Trouble
Lost!
Strawberry Swing
Yellow
Death Will Never Conquer
Encore: Fix You, Lovers In Japan

All I have to say is, thank you Coldplay for a great (free) night out with you :)

No comments:

Total Pageviews