-->

Friday, August 1, 2008

christmas cookies

I know it's not Christmas. We still have 5 months. But don't think I'm crazy yet.  I have a reason for bringing up Christmas in August.

Every Christmas we have a family cookie tradition, where we make the same recipes every year, or at least a rotation of recipes that appear every few years or so.  Some regulars are pecan butter balls, cranberry pistachio freezer cookies, fried Swedish cookies, chocolate chip, and many more.

One of my favourites are Spritz Cookies, but one problem is that you really need the proper cookie 'gun' to make them.

So to make a long story shorter, I saw this while browsing on etsy, and for $5.75 I had to get it to add to my kitchen collection.





Recipe for Spritz Cookies:
3/4 cup butter (or shortening) 1/2 tsp. orange extract
1/2 cup sugar 1 tsp. grated orange rind
1 egg yolk 2 to 2 1/4 cups sifted flour
1/4 tsp. salt

Cream butter and sugar, beat in egg yolk, then beat in extract and grated rind. Sift salt into flour and add. Put through Cookie Maker onto cookie sheet or pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes at 375 degrees F.

Eat.

No comments:

Total Pageviews