-->

Saturday, January 31, 2009

beds beds beds

anyone who knows me knows that I have a thing for beds. there's just something about the perfect bed or mattress, and since you spend almost half of your life in bed I think that it should be a pretty great place to be.

There are a lot of elements that I like about this bed(room).  First off, the warm dark brown walls and curtains with the colourful prints.  Then there's the most important element- the plush, comfy duvet in a beautiful cream to offset the darkness in the room.  I also like how the homeowner threw in punches of colour with throws and pillows.  

When you use neutral colours on the foundation elements (the walls, curtains, linens) then you can constantly change the other colours that you use in the room.

Although this room is a lot more neutral, I still like the overall look of the bed and the wonderful owl prints on the wall.

I love that headboard and the bench at the end of the bed.  More recently I've been thinking that it would be a nice touch to make a tall bench to put at the head of the bed, where you could put alarm clocks, phones, books, etc., but I also like the idea of a truck or bench at the end of the bed where you can store extra linens.

How to make a small bedroom work.  Light walls, but still punches of colour and lots of pillows to make it really comfy.


And finally, the piece de resistance, the beautiful, arched, iron bed with voluminous pillows and creamy colours.

No comments:

Total Pageviews