-->

Saturday, February 28, 2009

and so it goes

I have discovered that I am very good at creating conundrums for myself late at night when there is no one around to give advice.

I should preempt this by saying that I like any excuse to buy a new shoe.

Conundrum for tonight: footwear

Options:
ninewest $25-38 depending on source (inspired by peony), 
red satin shoes with cute bows and peeptoes peeking out from under a white dress.  oh yes.  
but oh so high.  and red was not really in the picture.

j.crew augusta peep toes $225
again with the satin and the wonderful bow in the perfect shade of yellow (why can't ninewest be in yellow?)
why so expensive!? shoes shouldn't cost more than a dress, should they?

same j.crew, this time in pretty peach and white


j.crew bronzed olive suede ballet flats $98
perfect, comfortable, beautiful flats; I love the tanned yellow; maybe I could even customize them with some pretty light yellow satin bows like the above heels?
sigh, they're not heels
anthropologie claudette slingbacks, $88
I like the flower detailing and the dusty pink colour
BCBGirls 'Lemon' sandal in paint splash satin, $98
what can I say, truly unique, like I just fell over five cans of paint, very me
too unconventional?  too high?

I have to say that I am leaning towards yellow shoes, what with all the blues and daisies that we are already envisioning.  And I know that flats would be the most practical, especially for walking on the grass, and I know that knowing me the shoes will disappear quickly in preference of bare feet, but there's just something about pretty heels....

Overall, I would like to be able to wear whatever I wear again.  Stylish but 'useful'.

Maybe I can justify getting both the flats for beautiful common sense and the paint splash heels for beautiful stylishness?

I need an intervention...........

No comments:

Total Pageviews