-->

Saturday, April 4, 2009

weekend home style: apt living

this apartment was on design*sponge this past week or so.

it feels very much like our type of living to me.  small.  simple.  quirky.  homey.

I also like all of the woodworking details (as I type this, SJ is using a plane on his wood box project... we are crafty peoples).

I hope to one day have wood flooring.  The house that I spend most of my young life in had beautiful wood floors that my Mom painstakingly restored.  These floors remind me of waking up in winter and placing bare feet on smooth, worn, wood.  

And who doesn't need/have a bike in a bedroom and a large pot of coffee on a comfy bed?
Perfect.

Clean, bright kitchen.  There should be wood floors in here too though...  
I like the copper base pans on the wall, but only if they are functional as well.

Yay to gas stoves!  After living and cooking in homes with both gas and electric stoves, I 10000% prefer gas stoves.  They always dispense heat evenly and make a pot heat up much more quickly, which makes dinner happen much more quickly as well :)

I like this table made from the rich coloured wood and the contrasting wood chairs.  The other week SJ showed me where he gets his wood-- from a hidden-away lumberyard in Hammersmith that has woods from all over, even America and Africa.  They also sold cheap bags of sawdust that has been squashed into discs.  What you would use these for, I'm not sure, maybe gardening?  But they could make a cool project nonetheless.

They said that this hutch was replicated from old chicken coops.  It's actually from Sundance, one of my favourite companies.

Now, off to finish our own projects...

No comments:

Total Pageviews