-->

Friday, August 14, 2009

cardigans

This in-between weather can really get to me sometimes. It's not like in the states where summer can offer sleeveless warmth, over here you (or at least I) have to wear a cardigan almost all the time. This means, both summer and winter, and I have to admit that I have about 3 cardigans that just get worn over and over and over.

So recently when browsing online I started to look for some new options for fall, and for some new options to keep me warm when it gets freezing and there are no heaters in sight, just lots of cups of tea...

First, thick options for winter days biking and standing in freezing shops. They all appeal as they are slightly off-kilter. I love the hand sketched feel of the first, and then the slightly western/boho feel of the second (I bet all that fringe would keep me warm), and then the softness of the third ---

Havana Sweater Coat, On-the-Fringe Sweater Coat, Letizia Cardigan


Second, lighter-weight cardigans, for not so cold days and layering. I don't know if I like the first because it reminds me of our roadtrip or because all the reviews say it's so much nicer in person, the second just looks like a wonderful warm cocoon (and I do look good in green, but have very little), and the last has an interesting shape but wouldn't be quite as versatile---

Painted Desert Cardigan, Stirabout Sweater, Twist & Tether Cardigan


And lastly, two items from Toast's new autumn collection that just look divine together---
Shetland Long Cardigan, Autumn Check Dress


and that's the end of my cardigan rant

No comments:

Total Pageviews