-->

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

smattering of weekend photos

Here's a selection of photos from our weekend...

one of the amazing carved lion finials at Liberty

new union jack inspired display
(those pillows are quilted with Liberty fabric)

Sweet Charity!
I love seeing the musicals that aren't performed very often...
The last time I saw Sweet Charity was when I was about 12 with my Dad, how things have changed!

My recent tile acquisitions.
(sorry about the sidewayness, no matter what I do I can't get it to turn around)
Lovely, no?
(The big bird one was a gift from work :) )

Our found and semi-refurbished bench!
Yes, it came from the skips down the road, but after a very good scrub it doesn't look so bad anymore, and is actually surprisingly sturdy. We have a few more alterations planned for it, but in the meantime, it's free!

Our homemade pea shoot netting structure- I have high hopes for this.
Hand-knotted and designed :)

An arty photo of our garden

Cinnamon raisin bread!
(after I begged to make this Ste pointed out that our bread book says it is an all-American bread that Americans love with butter for breakfast, hehe)

nice weekend :) :) :)

2 comments:

cj said...

Wow and pretty busy - like the bench- 'found art'. Tiles look summery and cool - wishful thinking ?

Ashley said...

The bench was all covered in moss and scum and dirt, so I was impressed how it turned out. As for the tiles I am trying to get some lighter ones to contrast with the browns dark greens and golds :)

Total Pageviews