-->

Monday, September 1, 2008

Harper's

My Mom scanned in some pages from the U.S. Harper's Bazaar recently, so I picked up a copy of the U.K. Harper's Bazaar, and I have to say that I was very impressed.  

Recently U.K. Harper's Bazaar acquired a new deputy editor, Sarah Bailey.  After editing Elle in the U.K., she became deputy editor of U.S. Harper's Bazaar, before going back to the U.K.

This issue focused a lot on the British inspiration of new Fall collections.

Dolce & Gabbana ad, I like the skinny tweeds.

I love this Chanel ad, the neutral colours and the double-hued stockings.

Burberry ad, Burberry is always so elegant and comfortable looking, I like the wide-legged pants, cozy tweed jacket, scarf and hat.

Gwyneth got into a lot of stink for these new Tod's ads with the fur since she's been actively against fur, but I still think she looks chic.

For some reason I think the fur coat is kind of cool, though not on me, and the shoes are really sculptural too.

A feature of Emma Watson (Hermione) and her fashion choices.  Though she's a bit young, she does have a very mature and good taste.

Burberry again.

1-12 of the 50 best high street buys; my favourites are numbers 1, 10, and 9.

13-25; my favourites are numbers 13, 16, 19, 22, and 24.

26-38; my favourites are 29 and 35.

More to come later, I don't want to overwhelm anyone with fashion ;)

1 comment:

cj said...

A lot of the same ads were in Vogue. Remember your plaid bag? Saw a very pricy version of it today.

Total Pageviews